At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses, and we are ready to expand our growing team again. Below you will find our current career opportunities.
- Per Diem Hospice Aide
As a Per Diem Hospice Aide at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry. Care and comfort for patients is viewed as an essential part of the experience for our patients and we are seeking Aides who can provide that extra measure of love and concern for their patients.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Covering for full-time aides to provide care during vacations, illness, and during periods of growth.
- Providing holistic care to the dying and their loved ones in a versatile service area in a 50-mile radius around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Under the professional nurse’s direction, the Hospice Aide is responsible for providing personal hands-on care personal care and activities of daily living.
- Providing daily cares and comfort for the patient.
- Working in unison with an Interdisciplinary Team, including the patient and their support system, in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of spiritual, psychosocial, and physical care.
The qualified candidate will be certified as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Michigan. Previous experience as a CNA required, Hospice or Home Care experience preferred. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family with some nights, weekends, and holiday on-call responsibilities. The Hospice Per Diem Aide should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes, including physical, spiritual, social and emotional, to a registered nurse or other members of the Interdisciplinary Team. The Hospice Aide reports to the RN Case Manager and overall care is overseen by the Director of Clinical Services.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Emmanuel Hospice employs, retains, promotes, terminates and treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or other non-job related factors. Click here to view our full policy on anti-discrimination.
If you feel called to serve your community as a volunteer, visit our volunteer opportunities below.