Emmanuel Hospice is committed to connecting those with life-limiting illnesses and their families with community resources that provide the highest quality care.
Advanced Care Planning - Put Your Wishes in Writing
- Aging with Dignity is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to affirm and safeguard the human dignity of individuals as they age and to promote better care for those near the end of life.
- The Conversation Project is dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care.
- Dying Well, Peace and Possibilities at the End of Life by Ira Byock, MD
- Michigan Home Care & Hospice Association
- Caring Connections provides people with information and support when they are planning ahead, caring for a loved one, living with an illness or grieving a loss.
- National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization
- Making Choices Michigan
- Lotsa Helping Hands | coordinating meals and help for someone in need
- Today’s Caregiver | information and guidance
- Caregiver Resource Network | providing for the needs of caregivers across 9 Michigan counties
- Home Remodeling for People with Disabilities | a helpful article detailing the logistics
- Home Repair Services | support for Kent County homeowners
- Emmanuel Hospice Grief Support | 1:1 support, groups, and more
- Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids | navigating cancer and loss
- GriefShare | support groups with a basis in Christian faith values
- Ele’s Place | grief support for children and their parents
- Starlight Ministries | grief support for children and adults with a basis in Christian faith