As an Emmanuel Hospice Per Diem RN, you will experience a flexible and autonomous work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry with a part-time position. You will receive competitive pay and benefits, including mileage reimbursement.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Assists with providing coverage and support for RN Case Managers, Extended Care Nurses, and Admissions Nurses during periods of increased need and to cover time off for full-time staff.
- Providing Primary and On-Call Services triaging needs of patients and families through both phone contact and visits in the evenings and on the weekend.
- Providing routine and crisis management for terminally ill patients and their families.
- Conducting informational visits regarding hospice services.
- Completing admission assessments as requested.
- Communicating effectively with other hospice staff to ensure coordinated care is provided.
- Shifts will vary based on the needs of the organization. Must be willing to work all of the varied shifts/roles in which care is provided by Emmanuel Hospice nursing staff.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled and flexible clinician with excellent triage skills of individual’s physical, emotional and spiritual symptoms. This position requires the ability to be a calming presence in crisis situations and effectively manage multiple calls at the same time. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family. Current RN degree and acute care experience required; hospice, home care, emergency room or ICU experience preferred.