Grand Rapids, Michigan, May 24, 2017 – Buoyed by strong growth, Emmanuel Hospice has just completed an expansion of its offices.
The faith-based nonprofit provider of hospice care added 500 square feet of space to its offices at 2161 Leonard St. NW in Grand Rapids to accommodate eight new team members who joined the organization in the past six months. The remodel included:
- A new conference room space with enhanced technology that allows care teams, volunteers and staff to convene
- Three new offices, including one for confidential grief support sessions
- Breakroom area for staff and volunteers
“As we continue to focus on our patients and the critical we role we play in their lives, we wanted to design a space for our staff and volunteers to thrive in their environment,” said Sara Lowe, executive director of Emmanuel Hospice.
Our expansion aims to provide our staff with a base and resources they need to provide quality care to our patients.”
Since opening its doors in 2013, Emmanuel Hospice has grown steadily and now cares for up to 70 families each day in a four-county region around Grand Rapids. Last year, the organization cared for more than 309 patients and approximately 925 caregivers who supported them on their end-of-life journeys.
Additionally, Emmanuel Hospice:
- Provided grief counseling and support services to 532 family members and friends
- Served 152 community members through grief support programs
- Provided education on end-of-life issues to 720 area residents
- Benefited from 30 volunteers who donated more than 2,500 hours of time to provide comfort, care and support to patients and families
About Emmanuel Hospice
Emmanuel Hospice is a faith-based nonprofit provider of compassionate, person-centered hospice care to patients and families in West Michigan. Serving the community since 2013, the organization is a collaborative effort of St. Ann’s, Clark, Porter Hills and Sunset designed to complete the continuum by providing end-of-life care to those inside – and outside – the walls of these organizations. For more information, visit www.emmanuelhospice.org.