Are You Called to Serve?
Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses; and we are ready to expand our growing team again. Below you will find our current career opportunities.
As a Quality Manager at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while contributing to our team in a full-time position. We offer:
- Competitive compensation, including mileage reimbursement
- A generous PTO package
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life and Short-term Disability
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Supporting, coordinating, and overseeing organizational quality program. This includes tracking, trending, reporting, and coordinating with department leadership to ensure compliance with hospice conditions of participation, state regulations, CHAP standards and organizational policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage relevant benchmarking and quality data including but not limited to; PEPPER, HIS, Medicare Compare, and SHP
- Monitors, reports on and plans for regulatory, legal and compliance changes impacting the mission of Emmanuel Hospice.
- Planning and implementation, in conjunction with other team members, organizational Quality Assurance Initiatives.
- Member of a dynamic Operational Leadership team that is responsible for day to day Operations.
- Electronic Medical Record Super User
- Manages the writing and revising of organizational policies and procedures.
- Leading team and coordinating CHAP and other regulatory survey processes’.
- Serving as organizational HIPAA/Privacy Officer.
- Coordinating organizational Emergency/Disaster preparedness plan.
The successful candidate will exemplify organizational and clinical while multi-tasking & maintaining focus in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. This candidate must also be proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel, and electronic health records with the desire to learn and grow within their role. This position will work in conjunction with an IDT and management team to carry out the mission of Emmanuel Hospice. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the industry, organization, as well as our patients and families. A rotation in the manager on call schedule is required which includes some evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years nursing experience. Experience with Quality Assurance, Policy Development, or Compliance strongly preferred.
To apply for this position, click here.