Are You Called to Serve?
Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses; and we are ready to expand our growing team again.
As Nurse Practitioner at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while contributing to our team in a full-time (.8 FTE), salaried position.
- Providing holistic care to the dying and their loved ones in a versatile 50-mile service area around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Collaborating with and taking direction from the hospice physicians.
- Completing recertification visits, face-to-face visits, and patient narratives.
- Assisting with symptom management calls.
- Completing timely and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record to coordinate care and determine hospice eligibility.
- Communicating with referral sources, facility staff, patients and families to collaborate care.
- Educating clinical staff on end-of-life issues and disease processes.
- Current Nurse Practitioner license in the state of Michigan required.
- Possesses and maintains DEA Certification for prescribing controlled substances in accordance with delegation of authority from the collaborating physician.
- Masters degree in Nursing with advanced skills in physical assessments.
- Skilled in symptom management while working in conjunction with an interdisciplinary team and functioning independently in the field.
- Flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of patients and families.
- 5 years acute care experience preferred.
- 2 years hospice or home care experience preferred.
- 9 paid holidays
- Competitive compensation, including mileage reimbursement
- A generous PTO package
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on the date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life and Short-term Disability