As a Hospice Aide at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while contributing to our team in a full-time position. We offer:
- Competitive compensation, including mileage reimbursement
- A generous PTO package
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life and Short-term Disability
Responsibilities as a hospice aide:
- Providing holistic care to the dying and their loved ones in a versatile service area in a 50-mile radius around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Under the professional nurse’s direction, the Hospice Aide is responsible for providing personal hands-on care personal care and activities of daily living.
- Providing daily cares and comfort for the patient.
- Working in unison with an Interdisciplinary Team, including the patient and their support system, in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of spiritual, psychosocial, and physical care.
Qualifications and Skills:
The qualified candidate will be a certified as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Michigan. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family with some nights, weekends, and holiday on-call responsibilities. Previous experience as a CNA required, Hospice or Home Care experience preferred. The Hospice Aide should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes, including physical, spiritual, social and emotional, to a registered nurse or other members of the Interdisciplinary Team. The Hospice Aide reports to the RN Case Manager and overall care is overseen by the Director of Clinical Services.