Where Are You Called to Serve? In Hospice Care?
Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses, and we are ready to expand our growing team again. Below you will find our current career opportunities.
As a Hospice Aide at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry. Care and comfort for patients is viewed as an essential part of the experience for our patients and we are seeking Aides who can provide that extra measure of love and concern for their patients.
This position is scheduled for the hours of 2pm-10pm.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As an Emmanuel Hospice Aide Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Providing holistic care to the dying and their loved ones in a versatile service area in a 50-mile radius around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Under the professional nurse’s direction, the Hospice Aide is responsible for providing personal hands-on care personal care and activities of daily living.
- Providing daily cares and comfort for the patient.
- Working in unison with an Interdisciplinary Team, including the patient and their support system, in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of spiritual, psychosocial, and physical care.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certified as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Michigan.
- This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family with some nights, weekends, and holiday on-call responsibilities.
- Previous experience as a CNA required, Hospice or Home Care experience preferred.
- The Hospice Aide should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes, including physical, spiritual, social and emotional, to a registered nurse or other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- The Hospice Aide reports to the RN Case Manager and overall care is overseen by the Director of Clinical Services.
As a full-time Hospice Aide at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while contributing to our team in a full-time position. We offer:
- Competitive compensation, including mileage reimbursement
- A generous PTO package
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on the date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life and Short-term Disability