Are you called to serve?
Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses, and we are ready to expand our growing team again.
As a Team Assistant at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life in a full time, hourly position.
- Supporting needs of patients and families through both phone contact and visits in the evenings and on the weekends alongside triage nurses and other interdisciplinary support
- Providing crisis management for terminally ill patients and their families
- Conducting informational visits regarding hospice services
- Completing admission assessments as requested
- Communicating effectively with other hospice staff to ensure coordinated care is provided
- Schedule options are every Monday and Tuesday (4:30pm-8:30am), every other weekend (Friday 4:30pm-Monday 8:30am) and required staff meetings (Full Time) or every weekend (Friday 4:30pm-Monday 8:30am) and required staff meetings (Weekend-Only).
- Highly skilled clinician with excellent triage skills of individual’s physical, emotional and spiritual symptoms
- Ability to be a calming presence in crisis situations and effectively manage multiple calls at the same time
- Flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family
- Current RN degree and acute care experience required
- Hospice, home care, emergency room or ICU experience preferred
- Competitive compensation, including mileage reimbursement
- A generous PTO package
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on the date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life and Short-term Disability