Social Workers: Where Are You Called to Serve? In Hospice Care? Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses; and we are ready to expand our growing team again. Below you will find our current career opportunities.
As a Social Worker at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while contributing to our team in a full-time position. We offer:
- Competitive compensation, including mileage reimbursement
- A generous PTO package
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life and Short-term Disability
- Mid-shift 1-9pm
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Providing holistic care to the dying and their loved ones in a versatile service area around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Assessing the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of terminally-ill patients.
- Assisting the patient and family with the Plan of Care to meet their needs and monitor goals, while suggesting appropriate, comprehensive and proactive interventions.
- Working in unison with an Interdisciplinary Team, including the patient and their support system, in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical care.
The successful candidate will be skilled in physical, emotional and spiritual symptom management while working in conjunction with an IDT and functioning independently in the field. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family with some nights, weekends, and holiday on-call responsibilities. Current LMSW or LLMSW degree required; hospice, home care, case management or acute care experience preferred.
To apply for this position, click here. You may also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Emmanuel Hospice employs, retains, promotes, terminates and treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or other non-job related factors. Click here to view our full policy on anti-discrimination.