RN Case Manager
As an Emmanuel Hospice RN Case Manager, you will experience a flexible and autonomous work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry with a full-time position. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including mileage reimbursement.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Providing holistic care to the dying and their loved ones in a versatile service area around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Assessing the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of terminally-ill patients.
- Assisting the patient and family with the Plan of Care to meet their needs and monitor goals, while suggesting appropriate, comprehensive and proactive interventions.
- Working with community Physicians and the Hospice Medical Director to ensure that each patient has individualized medical care including medications, equipment, and supplies that work towards meeting patient and family goals.
- Regularly administering care to a lower-than-average caseload.
- Working creatively in unison with an Interdisciplinary Team, including the patient and their support system, in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical care.
- Educating patients, families, caregivers, and community members about hospice services, and issues related to end of life.
- Providing exemplary care and service to all those you encounter in your work.
The successful candidate will be skilled in physical, emotional and spiritual symptom management while working in conjunction with an IDT and functioning independently in the field. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family with some nights, weekends, and holiday on-call responsibilities. Current RN degree required; hospice, home care, case management or acute care experience required.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Emmanuel Hospice employs, retains, promotes, terminates and treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or other non-job related factors. Click here to view our full policy on anti-discrimination.