Hospice Extended Care RN – $2500 Sign-on bonus!
Are You Called to Serve? Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses; and we are ready to expand our growing team again. Below you will find our current career opportunities.
As an Extended Care RN (Evenings and Weekends) at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry with a full-time position. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including mileage reimbursement and a $2500 sign-on bonus.
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Triaging needs of patients and families through both phone contact and visits in the evenings and on the weekends
- Providing crisis management for terminally ill patients and their families
- Conducting informational visits regarding hospice services
- Completing admission assessments as requested
- Communicating effectively with other hospice staff to ensure coordinated care is provided
- Schedule is two week day evenings (4:30pm-8:30am), every other weekend (Friday 4:30pm-Monday 8:30am) and required staff meetings
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled clinician with excellent triage skills of individual’s physical, emotional and spiritual symptoms. This position requires the ability to be a calming presence in crisis situations and effectively manage multiple calls at the same time. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family. Current RN degree, and acute care experience required; hospice, home care, emergency room or ICU experience preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Emmanuel Hospice employs, retains, promotes, terminates and treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or other non-job related factors. Click here to view our full policy on anti-discrimination.