Are You Called to Serve? Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses, and we are ready to expand our growing team again. Below you will find our current career opportunities.
As an Emmanuel Hospice Social Worker, you will experience a flexible and autonomous work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry with a full-time position. You will receive competitive pay and benefits, including mileage reimbursement. Your Responsibilities would include:
- Providing ongoing comprehensive assessments of the psychosocial needs of the patient/family/primary care giver and initiates appropriate plan of care, interventions or referrals.
- Providing accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services as provided for in the Emmanuel Hospice policies and submits in a timely manner.
- Assisting with coordination of admission to hospice, including conducting informational meetings as well as sign-on’s to hospice.
- Intervention and plan of care that is focused on patient and family wishes as well as serving as an advocate on behalf of these wishes.
- Assisting with creation of Advanced Directive documents and planning for funeral arrangements.
- Coordinating a cohesive plan of care with community Social Workers.
- Serving as a resource to local Social Workers for training and resources related to end of life issues.
- Actively participating on the Interdisciplinary Team, facilitating understanding of psychosocial issues.
- Speaking in the community as an advocate of hospice services and Emmanuel Hospice as well as other subjects as requested.
- Attending staff meetings and educational opportunities for development of skill set.
- Providing for an interdisciplinary discharge plan from hospice when appropriate.
- Assisting with coordination of admission to local hospitals, nursing homes or assisted living environments as needed
- Providing referrals to outside agencies or consultants when appropriate.
- Demonstrating knowledge of Emmanuel Hospice policies and procedures and pertinent State and Federal Rules and Regulations.
- Assisting with review of policies and procedures.
- Assisting the Clinical Leader in implementation of QAPI (Quality) program, including leading QI initiatives when appropriate.
- Performing other duties as requested.
- Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years experience in Social Work, preferably Medical Social Work.
- LMSW or LLMSW required.
- Must be flexible, organized and have the ability to provide for multiple roles.
- Sufficient emotional maturity to understand and exhibit the setting of healthy boundaries when working with vulnerable populations.
- Knowledgeable of Community Resources.
- Proficient in use of Electronic Medical Records.
- Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
Extended Care RN – $2500 SIGN ON BONUS
As an Emmanuel Hospice Extended Care RN, you will experience a flexible and autonomous work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry with a full-time position. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including mileage reimbursement and a $2500 sign-on bonus.
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Triaging needs of patients and families through both phone contact and visits in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Providing crisis management for terminally ill patients and their families.
- Conducting informational visits regarding hospice services.
- Completing admission assessments as requested.
- Communicating effectively with other hospice staff to ensure coordinated care is provided.
- Schedule is two week day evenings (4:30pm-8:30am), every other weekend (Friday 4:30pm-Monday 8:30am) and required staff meetings.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled clinician with excellent triage skills of individual’s physical, emotional and spiritual symptoms. This position requires the ability to be a calming presence in crisis situations and effectively manage multiple calls at the same time. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family. Current RN degree, and acute care experience required; hospice, home care, emergency room or ICU experience preferred.
Per Diem Hospice RN
As an Emmanuel Hospice Per Diem Hospice RN, you will experience a flexible and autonomous work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry with a part-time position. You will receive competitive pay and benefits, including mileage reimbursement.
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Providing holistic care to the dying and their loved ones in a versatile service area around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Assessing the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of terminally-ill patients.
- Assisting the patient and family with the Plan of Care to meet their needs and monitor goals, while suggesting appropriate, comprehensive and proactive interventions.
- Regularly administering care to a lower-than-average case load.
- Working in unison with an Interdisciplinary Team in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical care.
The successful candidate will be skilled in physical, emotional and spiritual symptom management while working in conjunction with an IDT and functioning independently in the field. This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family with some nights, weekends, and holiday on-call responsibilities. Current RN degree required; hospice, home care, case management or acute care experience preferred.
As an Emmanuel Hospice Aide, you will experience a rewarding work life while immersed in a non-profit ministry. This is a full-time position with a guaranteed schedule of 40-hours a week. You will receive a competitive pay and benefits package, including mileage reimbursement.
Under the professional nurse’s direction, your responsibilities would include:
- Providing holistic, personal care to terminally-ill patients in a versatile service area around Grand Rapids, MI.
- Observing and reporting the physical, social, emotional and spiritual changes to the RN or other members of the IDT.
- Assisting with teaching and educating patients and families about personal care when appropriate.
- Communicating and collaborating with facility staff to coordinate the highest quality of care.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on costumer service. We are seeking a candidate with some flexibility who can multi-task in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. This position requires some travel within a 50-mile radius as well as some nights and weekend responsibilities. The successful candidate will have the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience in volunteer management, social work, or other related fields.
If you feel called to serve your community as a volunteer, visit our volunteer opportunities here!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Emmanuel Hospice employs, retains, promotes, terminates and treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or other non-job related factors. Click here to view our full policy on anti-discrimination.